sunnuntai 2. syyskuuta 2012

How it started - Kuinka tämä alkoi




First time I heard about River Cottage -cookbooks & series was December 2011 at local Finn Guilder´s Xmas Party at ours.Two members of our unofficial British-Finnish group told me separately about it after seeing my cookbook collection and found out my enthusiasm of cooking, baking and cake decorating. On the very same evening I found my way to River Cottage website and shortly after I got my hands on first set of DVD´s. I watched them every evening until I´d seen them all. I got another set of DVD´s and same happened with them. I was totally sold for Hugh´s ideas and recipes. 

Kuulin ensi kerran River Cottage -keittokirjoista ja tv-sarjasta joulukuussa 2011 paikallisen Finn Guild -ryhmän pikkujouluissa meillä kotona. Kaksi epävirallisen Britannia - Suomi -ryhmän jäsentä kertoi minulle asiasta illan aikana nähtyään keittokirjakokoelmani ja saatuaan kuulla innostuksestani ruuanlaittoon, leivontaan ja kakunkoristeluun. Samana iltana löysin tieni River Cottage nettisivuille ja pian sen jälkeen sain käsiini ensimmäisen dvd-setin. Katsoin ne läpi ilta illan jälkeen ja pian sain toisen dvd-setin ja sama jatkui. Olin myyty Hugh´n ideoille ja resepteille.

I soon found myself using his recipes found on River Cottage website or Guardian website. In March 2012 my husband visited London and brought me River Cottage Meat book.

Huomasin käyttäväni hänen reseptejään, joita löysin River Cottagen nettisivuilta tai englantilaisen Guardian-lehden sivuilta. Mieheni kävi Lontoossa maaliskuussa ja palatessaan toi minulle River Cottage Meat Bookin (lihakirja).


Following River Cottage by Facebook I found out about new book to be released in beginning of autumn. I got my copy of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall´s Three Good Things on Friday Aug 31st 2012. After leafing it (and dribbling over it) I decided I will cook it through. 

Seurasin River Cottagea Facebookissa ja sain tietää, että uusi kirja on tulossa julkaisuun alkusyksystä. Tilasin sen etukäteen ja sain sen käsiini 31. elokuuta 2012. Selasin sen läpi kuolaten ja päätin kokata sen lävitse.

There´s over 175 recipes in the book. I don´t give myself any deadline. I will follow recipes when it´s possible. Here in Finland we don´t get every fish Hugh has used. I´m allergic to some of ingredients so I´m going to swap some of them. I´m not going to give you the recipes as you found them when buying the book. Food isn´t my work nor is photographing. 

Kirjassa on yli 175 reseptiä. En tee itselleni takarajaa. Seuraan reseptejä sen ollessa mahdollista. Täällä Suomessa emme esimerkiksi saa kaikkia Hugh´n käyttämiä kaloja. Olen myös allerginen joillekin ruoka-aineille ja ne tulen vaihtamaan tai jättämään pois. En anna teille reseptejä, jos haluatte ne, ostakaa kirja. Ruoka ei ole ammattini ei myöskään valokuvaaminen.



2 kommenttia:

  1. Uhh, this sounds exciting! Hugh is an inspiring person, and it's nice to see what you can do with locally produced ingredients and how you can adept to a quite simple but still rich life!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you, thestormer. I hope readers of my blog finds in inspiring. I´m going to use as much local products as I can.
      BTW: Did we meet in Viikinsaari, Tampere last year?

      Poista